Eco Modern Essentials
Lemongrass Pure Essential Oil
BRIGHT, VIBRANT & UPLIFTING FOR THE MIND & BODY.
Lemongrass, the aromatic alarm clock! Imparting a spark of joy to the atmosphere and reminds us of the simple pleasures in life. Lemongrass is a versatile essential oil, with antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pain relief.
- Assist in reducing stress & anxiety.
- Help digestive health.
- Can be used as an insect repellant.
HOW TO USE:
- Diffuser:Add 6-8 drops of Lemongrass essential oil to a diffuser.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower:Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Topically:Mix 1 drop of chosen essential oil with 5ml carrier oil and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath:Add 2 drops to a bowl of water to treat nail infections.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up. Cool compresses are recommended for application to sore muscles and joints after exercise.
- Steam Treatment (for face): Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Cedarwood, Geranium, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Tea Tree.
Botanical name: Cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil
Is this safe for use during pregnancy?
Use this oil with care, best used in a diffuser or diluted with a carrier oil (1% ratio). Avoid using essential oils during the first trimester unless you are under the supervision of a qualified practitioner.
Is this safe for children?
We do not recommend the use of essential oils for children under 3 months. After 3 months use small amounts in a diffuser or for massage use a 1% dilution ratio in a carrier oil.
Is this safe to use around pets?
This essential oil is not recommended for use around pets.
Can I ingest this oil?
Essential oils should not be taken internally unless you have consulted with a health professional or Aromatherapist first.